Monday, July 14, 2008

Never too old to blog???

OK - so everyone I know is blogging these days - so I thought - what the heck - I can do this - right? What is an HTML anyway??? I hope the most difficult task is setting up the page! So that tells you right off the bat that I am NOT the techie in the family!!!


Have you ever had one of those days, or one of those weeks that you just shake your head and say - only in the movies??? Well, it's been one of those months here for us at the Sebastian house. Just one thing after another - to the point of comical and don't even try to explain it to anyone - cause they are just going to think it's a load of bull. I mean, you can't make this kind of stuff up - right!!!! Thank goodness for great friends T and H who like dinner, talking and wine!!! But, it's the start of a new week and strangely enough, it's been a fairly normal day today. (as if ANYTHING is normal around here)
We are getting ready for a much needed vacation on the beach and I am going to turn off the cell phone and forget to pass along any contact information - 10 days of relaxation - baking in the sun to a nice brown crisp! I guess I had better make the dermatologist appointment now huh! I am a bit nervous though - we are vacationing on the same beach, in the same condos as we did 14 years ago when I got caught up in a rip tide, tore out my knee and nearly drowned (God Bless that little 98 lb lifeguard that finally pulled me out of the water!) I am certainly not looking for a repeat performance of that week. Lauren is getting her little bikinis ready, and I am trying to find one of those swimsuits from the roaring 20's.


I think this is a good look!!

I mean come on - have you seen some of those skimpy suits - I think a postage stamp would cover more

VS

YEP - the stamp definitely covers more!!!

Oh well, on to a much less depressing subject.

Yesterday was my Dad's 77th Birthday - he came up from Cincinnati to celebrate with us. (I look for reasons to go to Taylor's Bakery - seldom do I get the chance to do it legitimately!!!) He's a great guy and I think he really enjoyed himself. He's definitely having some health issues, but he is still a funny guy! Happy Birthday Dad - I love you!!

OK - those of you who know me, know how much I love my baby girl, Lauren- even though she is 23! Well behind her is my sweet little 2 year old niece, Cori. I talked to her on the telephone today - she is a stitch!!! She talks to me like she's my best girlfriend - she tells me what she ate, what she's watching (Disney of course), what she's wearing, and tells me she loves me. She is also VERY fond of Lauren (that is an understatement - she loves her to pieces) - Here are the two gals a few weeks ago - are they not "Tina Fabulous!!" She is learning style very early from her Lauren.




Well, all in all, not to bad for a first attempt at blogging! Until next time....

No comments: