Wednesday, July 16, 2008

It's a Dog's Life!!!

Last March, I broke down and bought a new chihuahua puppy. (I had lost my baby, Ally, a 65 lb standard poodle last July and had finally realized I really miss having a dog around.) So, "Boomer" came to be. He weighed all of 3 lbs when I got him - he is now @ 6lbs - which is probably close to grown weight. He is adorable and mischievous!!! He looks like a big brown rat, but nonetheless, he is cute; he has a face that just melts you at times - he seems to look at you and since Chihuahua's actually have tears - well, it's like a little kid wanting a cookie - you just can't say no or get mad. He can be so loving and sweet - he is a kisser and has the art of drilling his little tiny tongue right between your lips - nasty!!! (especially after he's been sniffing poop on his walks!!! YUK!!!) So, I am trying to figure out how to brush his teeth and still have fingers left when I'm finished! (cause there's no way he's going to gargle mouthwash willingly!)

Today, he was so cute - the sun was shining through and chi's love to lay in the sun - so I snapped a couple of cute pics of him - as you can see - he loves to lay around and be lazy.


He especially loves the screened porch - it keeps him in the outdoors which he seems to love, but keeps him safe from Mr. Hawk!


I later found him on my front room couch, which is a no-no, but I think because it's black, it's warm - he loves it



so I scolded him and.....

He retreated to the floor and cried - look under his eyes and you can see the fur is a bit darker - yep, it's wet cause he cried like a baby!

So I felt sorry for him, gave him a treat, rubbed his belly and let him kiss me (yuk again!) and he went off on his way........ to chew my shoe!!!!

Now granted, it's only a $2 pair of flip flops from Old Navy...but they were broken in and perfect - so my sweet little guy ended the day in the "dog house"



2 comments:

The Liller Family said...

Well he is a cute dog - and you know as soon as Evan sees him he's going to insist on you bringing him over here for a "playdate"!

And welcome to blog world!!! I'm so glad I'm the first to give you a comment too!!! Wow, I feel special - this is a moment, yep, I'm about to shed a tear... hahaha!

pwdrd donuts said...

Yo quiero Taco Bell. That dog is cute! Nice shoe.