Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Which way to the beach???

There's nothing more relaxing to me than sitting in the pool lounger, staring out at the ocean. We have just returned from 10 wonderful days @ New Smyrna Beach, Florida. While I am sad it is already over, the memories are great. Now we are not the touristy type - we are way past Disney Theme Park, Universal, etc and the long, hot lines that go along with them. We are the vacationers that sit out in the sun from 8:30 til 4:00 each day, working on our tans, reading the latest People and Us magazines, sipping cool drinks, napping - you know - all those totally mindless things you can do.


See what I mean!!!!! This is hard work!


I had been saving the book The Shack to read @ the beach, but never even got motivated to start it!! I was more interested in the story that Bradgelina's twins were invitro, and the latest on Paris and Brittany!!

Anyway...we had an amazing time. We did do a sunset dolphin/manatee cruise - saw dolphins, but no manatees! I wasn't quick enough to snap the dolphin pictures - but this is what they would have looked like!!!!



We had some great scenery on the cruise and a spectacular sunset.

Some of the scenery was truly breathtaking - was a reminder of how beautiful God made the earth!


We did manage to avoid the sharks (New Smyrna Beach is the shark bite capital of the world!), although there were two men bitten while surfing on the Wed and Friday of our trip. (nothing too serious - bites to the feet and legs).



OK- this was the view from my lounge chair looking out at the beach (the bird was a little extra in this shot!)


And, this was the view from my lounge chair looking away from the beach!

And this was the view straight up most of the time!

Kind of hard to take - huh!
The sea turtles are nesting this time of year - so they are onshore. We ran into this one while taking some pictures @ the jetty - he was harmless!


Lauren won the "Tan" of the trip contest - she was so cute with the blonde hair and toasty brown skin!




John came in a close second!




My family is so precious - for two years now they have agreed to dress alike and take pictures on the beach.


Well, I am already thinking about next year and our family trip to the beach!!!! Can't wait!!!


3 comments:

The Liller Family said...

Oh yeah girl - that is what I call a VACATION!!! Nothing but relaxation. I always hate when we take a "vacation" and end up doing so many things that you feel like you really need a true "vacation" when you get back home. That's probably why we love our Hilton Head trip every year - nothing but family, a pool, the ocean, beach and lounge chair all day long!!!

Ohhhhhh I've missed that trip this year - but it definitely has me dreaming of it for next year!

Awesome pics - can't wait to hear more (and I think both Lauren AND you win for tan of the year!!!)

pwdrd donuts said...

I love florida! I love it and miss it. And I love matching outfits...surprised?

Anonymous said...

maybe we should put the worship team in all matching outfits - no?